First of all, the alwaysdata team sends you its best wishes for the new year.
We would like to take this opportunity to take a quick look back to see what was accomplished over the past year, and above all to share with you what is to be expected in the coming months.
- Our new offer: our virtual servers (VPS) were launched in February to meet the needs of our customers in between our shared environment and our dedicated server offers, for an intermediate budget
- Our shared environment in full SSD for increased performance and better reliability (no incident or slowdown since its implementation 8 months ago)
- Update of our front-end proxy (alproxy): considerable work was carried out and was described in detail in the dedicated article (let us remind you that it is now possible to do without a dedicated IP address to get a certificate, thanks to SNI support)
- Free HTTPS wherever you are thanks to Let’s Encrypt: we have generated more than 30,000 certificates so that all addresses hosted by alwaysdata can be reached in HTTPS
- An impressive migration: although we now have our own facilities, many shared accounts are still with a former supplier. We will use this migration to carry out an important upgrade of our systems and therefore of many versions of the libraries and languages we offer. Rest assured, we will be coming back with further details about this very soon.
- New technologies: the recent update of our front-end proxy as well as the planned migration will allow us to offer additional technologies (Node.js, Java or Go for example) to our users. Besides, what would you like in terms of languages, tools or libraries?
- And also: mailing list management, a sponsorship system… and much more!
Hello 2017, and off we go!